Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sometimes I wish I didn't have an internet connection

I just wanted to share my thoughts quickly on the latest facebook funnies.


that's right, the "ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE".

I know this isn't directly related to Autism but I think my sensitivity due to having a child afflicted with Autism explains my feelings on this. A person is a person, no matter how small ~ Dr. Seuss.  

The first joke was funny, but I didn't understand the pop culture stir behind it, so I, like an idiot just hearing about two girls, one cup, set to googling. All because someone told me not too, boy was that a mistake, on both accounts. What can I say, I need to watch the news more and stop getting my news via facebook and yahoo (heck maybe I should start reading the paper again).

Of course after googling, I ended up with the all too hideous realization that one human being and in some kind of drug induced stupor had eaten off another human being's face. Like anyone with an internet connection I got to see vivid and graphic pictures of the victim. Well that explains why I'm writing this and not sleeping at this late hour.

Here are my thoughts
1. why is this joke? It brings to mind the death of a young woman, who killed herself recently.

" Pakistani acid attack victim Fakhra Younus had endured more than three dozen surgeries over more than a decade to repair her severely damaged face and body when she finally decided life was no longer worth living.
The 33-year-old former dancing girl who was allegedly attacked by her then-husband, an ex-lawmaker and son of a political powerhouse jumped from the sixth floor of a building in Rome, where she had been living and receiving treatment." http://news.yahoo.com/prominent-pakistani-acid-victim-commits-suicide-063149605.html

Much like this woman, this person will remain a victim for the remainder of his life. Looking at the horrific damage inflicted upon this pour soul I draw the hypothetical conclusion that no amount of plastic surgery will ever bring him back to rights. So seriously, why is this a joke? People are even pulling pranks about this and of course putting them online, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt8WRWHCfI4 . (I cannot speak for what is on this video, so please watch it at your discretion). This person's life is ruined (if he lives) and I really don't think that's funny.

   2. Who shared these photographs? Ok, ok, this is the internet, it could've been a fake, but I think its more likely it was a real photo that had been leaked. I'm wondering who did this and why? Was it for financial gain, personal recognition? I can't think of anything people need to see less than this incredible human suffering, that's not even taking into account the graphic nature of the photos.

 3. Why do people do drugs? I'm all for legalizing Marijuana, but this is IN-FREAKING-SANE! Again, having a kid with Autism really puts the screws to you. Responsibility is my middle and FIRST name now. I never was down for killing brain cells for sport but seriously why would you do this?

“The particularly alarming thing we noticed when we started seeing these cases were the extremely bizarre symptoms, the superhuman strength, the hallucinations. With something like LSD, often the hallucinations users describe aren’t horrid things; what people describe on these bath salts are extremely harmful,” said Ryan. “They are seeing monsters, soldiers trying to kill them, and they’re extremely delusional. They see things going on around them that aren’t real, they firmly believe they’re talking to Jesus ... People have taken guns and shot at houses because they were hearing voices inside. There have been murders associated with bath salts, a man cutting into his own body to take out wires he thought people had put in there.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/05/29/did-bath-salts-spark-miami-s-gruesome-zombie-attack.html

Is this one of those lets see how shit-in-my-pants-scared I can make myself,? Well, if that's the case, save your brain cells, save up and buy a ticket to Halloween Horror nights.

I have to say it greatly disturbs me to see people making light of this kind of human suffering. This type of violence is above and beyond what we've seen before in the mainstream media in this country. It's pretty shocking how quickly Americans transitioned from horrified to hunky-dory and well shuck's let make a mock motivational poster about that. JMHO



Well really, don't you think this is funny?

No comments:

Post a Comment